The Testing Lab is equipped with a state-of-the-art of test instrument for residual stress measurement.
We can accommodate your laboratory and field measurement needs, with fast, accurate and efficient service
XRD Residual Stress Measurements
- Welds – Stresses introduced by welding. Evaluating stress reduction strategies.
- Evaluate Surface Treatments – Shot Peening (Very Important) – Anything that is peened needs to have the residual stress measured.
- Understand effects of mechanical working processes – such as machining, rolling, forging, extruding by measuring the residual Stress.
- Measure base line stresses – in unloaded components and operational stresses in loaded components
- Failure Analysis – If a part fails. Residual stress needs to be considered.
- Crack initiation and propagation – highly dependent on residual stress.
- Heat Treatment – Used to reduce stresses. Residual stress needs to be measured to ensure process worked correctly.
- Fatigue Life (How long a part lasts) – Highly dependent on small changes in residual stress.