Single Crystal Orientation System
PROTO offers a number of single crystal orientation solutions using the Laue technique. Choose from high-speed Laue HT for high throughput 24/7 production environments such as turbine blade casting facilities, or the Laue COS for orienting crystals in an R&D environment.
We can also upgrade your existing Laue systems with new cameras, tube towers, software, high-voltage supplies and x-ray tubes.
Small crystal orientation system. Utilizing the Laue technique and a 150 mm x 100 mm back reflection camera, small single crystals can be oriented in a few minutes. Designed for research labs and production environments. Manual and motorized options for X,Y stages. Manual and motorized goniometer options for chi, psi and phi rotation. Optional adapters for saw cutting, for easy transfer of single crystals from the Laue system to a saw.
We understand that project requirements often require custom system specifications. We customize your Laue system with various features and accessories to meet all your project needs.
- Side-reflection, back-reflection and transmission geometries
- Automated 3-axis goniometers
- Manual or automated X, Y, or Z axis (100 mm) for sample positioning
High-throughput single crystal orientation measurements. Utilizing the Laue technique, measurements can be performed in as little as a few seconds. Designed for heavy duty “round the clock” operation. Easy access maintenance features are designed to keep you up and running year after year. Excellent for nickel-based alloy single crystal orientation turbine blade inspection.
PROTO offers all conventional Laue system configurations including side reflection and back-reflection.
At the heart of the LAUE-HT system is our powerful yet user-friendly XRDWin 2.0 software, which includes a comprehensive set of controls for data collection, and analysis of LAUE patterns. This modular program can be easily modified as per each customer’s workflow requirements
- Left & right handed model
- Laser distance sensor
- Video camera
- Sample positioning
- 001, 011 & 111 overlays for manual matching of Laue patterns
- Editable custom hkl overlays
- Space mouse control for rotation of overlay
- Live Image mode for real-time viewing of Laue patterns
- USA angles: gamma, delta, alpha, beta, R-value
- US convention 1 and 2
- UK angles: gamma, delta, theta, alpha, R-values, kappa, rho, omega
- Orientation detection limit ± 0.1º
- R-value calculations available using: REL cos (R-2cos) REL rms (R-2RMS) DIFF cos (R-3cos)