Production Tape Caster
The PRO-CAST® Series machines integrate a sturdy steel structure with a solid, level platform that uniformly supports the moving web casting/coating surface. One casting/coating method is with an adjustable doctor blade assembly with a micrometer adjustable gap positioned on a precise casting/coating surface which has been ground and certified to a tolerance of at least ± 0.00026″. Precise, smooth control of the carrier or web is also essential to assure uniform films. This is accomplished with the use of a microprocessor controlled digital drive and closed loop feed back system.
PRO-CAST® Series of Tape Casters/Coaters are routinely used worldwide to produce thin and thick films and layered products.
All PRO-CAST® Series Tape Casters/Coaters control production variables such as casting/coating speed, temperature profile, solvent gradient, air flow, casting/coating thickness and surface.
- Precise casting/coating surface ground and certified to a tolerance of+0.0003″.
- Sturdy structure with a solid level casting/coating platform.
- Constant speed microprocessor controlled digital drive with speed indication.
- Precisely set gaps for doctor blade or coating heads.
- Systems to consistently deliver slurry to the surface of the carrier.
- Forced, preheated air drawn in a counter-flow direction for convective drying, solvent gradient control, and exhaust removal.
- Exhaust system sized to be compatible with solvent or aqueous based slurries.
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) providing an easy to use operator interface specifically designed for the tape casting/coating process