The Film Sense FS‑1™ Multi-Wavelength Ellipsometer uses long-life LED’s and a no-moving-parts ellipsometric detector to provide fast and reliable thin film measurements in an easy-to-use, compact system.
Using FS-1 Ellipsometer ,the film thickness of most transparent thin films from 0 – 1000 nm can be determined with excellent precision and accuracy by a simple 1 second measurement. Optical constants n & k and other film properties can also be measured for many samples.
The FS‑1 Ellipsometer offers the power of Multi-Wavelength Ellipsometry, but at the price point of single wavelength ellipsometer and spectroscopic reflectometer systems. The FS‑1 is ideal for measurements in the research lab, classroom, in situ process chambers, industrial quality control, and more.
In Situ Capability
The FS-1 Ellipsometer is ideal for in situ realtime monitoring and control of thin film deposition processes.
- Sub-monolayer thickness precision
- Determine film optical constants n&k and deposition rates, at multiple process conditions, without breaking vacuum
- Monitor and control the deposition of multilayer film structures
- FS-API interface for external software control (LabVIEW™ compatible)
- Applicable to most thin film deposition techniques: Sputtering, ALD, MBE, MOCVD, e beam evaporation, etc.
- Four LED sources: Blue (465nm), Green (525nm), Yellow (580nm), and Red (635nm)
- No moving parts in the ellipsometric detector
- Excellent thickness precision, better than 0.001 nm for many samples (for a 1 second acquisition), even for sub-monolayer film thicknesses
- Integrated computer for instrument control and data analysis, with a web browser interface accessible from any modern computer, laptop, or tablet
- Semiconductor industry
- Optical Coatings industry
- Display industry
- Data Storage industry
- Process R&D
- Chemistry and Biology