Freeze point , Viscosity & Density Analyzer
Phase Technology’s new JFA-70Xi jet fuel analyzer is the world’s first and only instrument that performs three crucial tests in one unit—freeze point, viscosity and density. And, it does it all in less than 15 minutes!
The JFA-70Xi features a new, side loaded automatic sample injection port. There’s no longer a need to manually pipette. The analyzer always draws the precise amount of sample as required by the ASTM method.The JFA is completely self-cleaning, without the need of solvents. Save time and hassle of cleaning, and avoid any risk of damage to the sample cup.
Phase Technology 70Xi series analyzers give you complete flexibility – choose the test options you need for a customized solution. Available JFA-70Xi configurations include:
- JFA-70Xi Freeze point, viscosity, density for jet fuels
- JFA-70Xi-PC Freeze point, viscosity, density for jet fuels; cloud and pour point for diesel fuels
ASTM D5972 – Freeze point
ASTM D7945 – Viscosity @ -20ºC
ASTM D4052 – Density @15 ºC
- Super fast speed – Three different tests in less than 15 minutes
- Advanced viscosity capability.
- The only automatic method capable of testing jet fuel viscosity @ -40°C in addition to -20°C ; temperature @12 cSt also calculated
- Approved for jet fuel certification.
- Fully compliant with ASTM D1655, the specification used for release of jet fuel.
- Automatic sample input , Self-cleaning – no solvent required
- No external chiller
- No breakable glassware
- Superior precision
- One-touch preset Favorites
- Optimized for quality control
Freeze point, viscosity and density for jet fuel.
Freeze point affects fuel pump ability at low temperatures during flight.
Viscosity has an effect on pumpability over the operating temperature range. Viscosity is important because it influences the droplet size and spray pattern of fuel that injected into the jet engines. It also affects pressure in the fuel system lines and the fuel pump.
Density is a required measurement that is used in weight loading calculations for aircraft.
|Freeze Point||Repeatability 0.5 ºC||Reproducibility 0.8 ºC|
|Density||Repeatability 0.0001 g/mL||Reproducibility 0.0005 g/mL|
|BIAS||0 (relative to ASTM manual methods)|
|SAMPLE TEMPERATURE RANGE||-80 ºC to 70 ºC|
|SYSTEM CLEANING||Automatic flush cycle; no solvent required|
|Freeze Point only||8 to 10 minutes|
|Viscosity & Density||<10 minutes|
|Freeze, Viscosity, Density||15 minutes|
|REQUIRED OPERATOR TIME||0.5 minutes|
|SAMPLE SIZE||0.15 mL required for test 25 mL required for system cleaning|
|DETECTION METHOD||Diffusive Light Scattering (DLS) technology (over 25 patents)|
|COOLING SYSTEM||Integrated Peltier device cooling system|