MINIFLASH Flash Point Tester
MINIFLASH TOUCH is a uniquely designed flash point tester for the determination of flashpoints of liquids and solids, using the Grabner flash point detection method of measuring the instantaneous pressure increase inside the continuously closed chamber, triggered by an energy-controlled electric arc. Heating the test chamber from the top avoids condensation of high volatile compounds, significantly improving the test results.
Peltier Protection Technology™
For a quick sample turnaround and extended instrument life time Grabner Instruments developed fast thermoelectric regulation of heating and cooling. This technology permits to extend the measuring temperature to well above 400°C and optimizes Peltier performance and life time.
Ignition Protection Technology™
Ignition Protection Technology™ is intrinsic to the MINIFLASH design. Only 1-2 mL of sample are required for testing the flash point – without an open flame! The continuously closed cup design, automatic explosion probing and a controlled air feed protect against fire and offensive fumes – for unmatched safety in flashpoint testing!
Sometimes samples contain small concentrations of flammable compounds, which do not show a definite flashpoint. MINIFLASH TOUCH detects even very small flames and graphically visualizes the presence of contaminations in those samples.
- Key Features
- Automatic ignition cleaning method
- Maximum safety through Grabner continuously closed cup method (Ignition Protection Technology™)
- 1-2 ml sample size
- No Open Flame, no offensive vapors in the lab
- Highest accuracy (see precision statement)
- Extended temperature range: 0 to 400°C with external cooling (MINIFLASH FLPH TOUCH)
- Fully remote operable
- Big, color touch-screen for convenient, intuitive menu navigation
- Short measuring time (depends on sample type) due to small sample volume of 1-2 ml
- Combustion Analysis™
- Excellent thermoelectric heating and cooling regulation through Peltier Protection Technology™
- ASTM D6450/SHT0768 (Flash-Point by Continuously Closed Cup) and ASTM D7094 (Flash-Point by Modified Continuously Closed Cup)
- Approved for Diesel Fuel and Kerosene specifications ASTM D975, D396, D2880, D3699
- New methods for EN ISO 3679 and EN ISO 3680 simulation
Temperature Range MINIFLASH FLP TOUCH : 0 to 200°C (32 to 390°F) MINIFLASH FLPH TOUCH : 0 to 400°C (32 to 750°F)
|Precision Data||MINIFLASH ASTM D6450||MINIFLASH ASTM D7094||Pensky-Martens ASTM D93A|
|Repeatability||1.9°C (3.4°F)||3.8°C (6.8°F)||4.1°C (7.4°F)|
|Reproducibility||3.1°C (5.6°F)||5.4°C (9.7°F)||6.9°C (12.4°F)|