Automated Houillon Kinematic Viscometer
The S-flow IV+ Kinematci Viscometer consists of compact, bench-top automated viscometer systems for the analysis of Newtonian fluids. It complies fully with ASTM D7279 and as such, gives full correlation with ASTM D445. It is the ideal system for used oil labs that need to test a widerange of lubricant viscosities.
Fast & accurate
The latest generation of S-flow viscometer builds on the strong foundation of its predecessors to offer the ultimate in automatic viscosity testing of Newtonian samples such as petroleum products. The system offers all the tried and tested advantages of a Houillon-type viscometer tube design such as short process times, small sample volume and low solvent consumption, but now also includes an optional auto-sampler to allow for fully unattended operation.
All controlled from a central user interface that takes care of result storage, auto-sampler control, VI calculations and much more.
The new S-flow IV+ viscometer consists of a 2 bath system with 2 tubes in each bath, providing a total of 4 tubes. The viscometer baths were designed to work independently, making it possible to use both baths at the same temperature, or at different temperature, ranging from 20°C to 120°C. Other options include dual solvent cleaning and integrated duplo testing which obtains 2 flow time determinations with only 1 sample injection. Additional parameters such as tube constants and cleaning cycle are also controlled by the operator, because the sample volume is very low (0.3-1 ml). The entire measurement cycle is very short. The complete cycle time ranges are between 3-10 minutes per tube, allowing a throughput of up to 80 tests per hour. After the injection of the sample, operator presence is no longer required.
Options and accessories
All measurement parameters, such as warmup times and cleaning parameters can be set through the high resolution 12” touchscreen or with optional PC software. The diagnostic system alerts the operator to possible issues such as empty solvent supply tanks, full waste bottles and other potential issues. The optional auto-sampler is fully modular and in-field upgradeable, meaning you can purchase the viscometer analyzer first
and then upgrade to auto-sampling when the need arises.
- ASTM D7279
- ASTM D2270
- Correlation with ASTM D445
- Applicable for fuels, base oils, formulated oils, and petroleum products as well as water-based fluids
- High throughput: up to 80 samples per hour under ideal operation conditions
- Small sample volume: 0.3 – 1.0 ml
- Low solvent consumption: 2 – 3 ml per sample.
- Extremely accurate temperature control and flow-time measurement independent of fluid type
- Automatic flow time measurement with ultraprecise meniscus detection
- Fully automatic cleaning and drying
- Fast & easy tube replacement (tubes are not connected to optical sensors)
- No need to drain bath during tube replacement.
- Single or dual solvent injection (optional)
- Measurement at 2 temperatures in 1 system simultaneously
- Integrated VI calculations
- Stand-alone unit. No PC required.
- Duplo measurement capability
- Integrated back flushing
- Optional autosampler
- Newtonian Fluids
- Used Oil
|Measuring range||0.3 – 3,000 mm2/s @40°C|
|Temperature range||20 – 120º C *|
|Temperature stability||Better than ±0.02°C|
|Sample volume||0.3 – 1.0 ml|
|Solvent consumption||2-3 ml per cycle|
|Sample throughput||Up to 80 samples per hour **|